Sunday, March 04, 2007

Deuteronomy 2

1 - 7 Northward along Edom

When the Isrealites reach the Red Sea road, the Lord tells Moses, "You have wandered around these highlands for a long time; turn and go north."

8 - 23 Along Moab and Ammon

8 - 23 We continue with the God takes them through Moab and Ammon

24 - 37 Defeat of Sihon

The Lord tells the Isrealites to cross the Wadi Arnon, and to "put a fear and dread of you into every nation under the heavens." Moses sends messengers to Sihon, king of Heshbon, who refuses to let the Isrealites through. The Isrealites, subsequently defeat them in battle.


Question for the day: Was there ever a time when you heard the Lord say: "You have wandered long enough. It's time to . . . "

I know for me, I resisted going to the band's Bible study for a long time, and it wasn't until the spring of 2005 that I got the courage to go. J.P. and I have been studying the Bible off and on (mostly on) ever since.

3 comments:

Karlton said...

Great answer, J.P.!

FireBoy said...

The band bible study was one for me too. But when I started going everything seemed more enjoyable (as far as drill goes)Right now God is moving me to change churches, but it is difficult for me to let go. But I know that if He is telling me to go, He has something good in store. I thought this was supposed to be on weekdays. I got behind a day.

Karlton said...

Actually, you didn't get behind, fireboy - I post a day early so that there will be something waiting for J.P. who does his Bible Study at 4:00 in the morning or something like that :)

I nearly changed churches last year, so I know how anxious that can make you feel. I ultimately didn't change churches (it ended up being a compromise between me and my wife, but I think I'm where the Lord wants me to be right now).