Thursday, September 07, 2006

John 8 Part One (1 - 30)

Chapter 8

1 - 11 The Woman Caught in Adultery

My notes say that this whole story was probably added later. At any rate, Jesus warns against judging others. The sribes and Pharisees try to trap Jesus. Again, he turns the tables on them, and puts them on the spot. "Let anyone among you wh is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." They walk away one by one.

12 - 20 Jesus Is the Light of the World

"I am the light of the world," says Jesus. "Whoever follows me will never walk in darknesss but will have the light of life." The pharisees still don't hear him. They're still concerned that he is testifying on his own behalf. They want two witnesses and want to see his father. "If you knew me, you would know my Father also," says Jesus.

21 - 30 Jesus Is from Above

Jesus says, "I am going away, and you will search for me, but you will die in your sin. Where I am going, you cannot come." This confuses the Pharisees.

No comments: