Sunday, February 26, 2006

Matthew Nineteen

Chapter 19

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=19&version=31

1 - 12 Teaching About Divorce

Pharisees ask Jesus if it is lawful for a man and woman to divorce. Jesus explains that a man and woman, once married, become one flesh. ". . . whoever divorces his wife, except for unchastity, and marries another commits adultery."

13 - 15 Jesus Blesses Little Children

Relate this to his statement about being like a child.

16 - 30 The Rich Young Man

A man asks what good deed he must do to have eternal life. Jesus lists the commandments. The man has kept these. Jesus tells him to sell all he has, give the money to the poor and follow him. The man grieves and leaves because he has many possessions. Jesus tells the disciples that it is a virtual impossibility for the rich to get into heaven.

Again, we are told not to store up wealth on earth, but in heaven.

1 comment:

Karlton said...

You wrote: "Over the past year especially I've been seeking God's will and trying to forget seeking a relationship in my life. I have seen God work so much through my life this past year because of this."

That's the best thing to do - give it up to God. Pray for me that I can do the same in all aspects of my life.