Sunday, February 12, 2006

Matthew Ten

Chapter 10

Here's the link:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=10&version=31

1 - 5 Disciples and Apostles

Jesus gives the disciples the power to heal unclean spirits. Here is a list of the 12 apostles.

5 - 15 Sharing the Authority of Christ

Jesus sends out the apostles, instructing them to focus on the Jews ("the lost sheep of Israel") 7. "As you go, proclaim the good news, 'The kingdom of heaven is near." Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons . . . " If anyone will not hear them, "shake off the dust of your feet as you leave that house or town."

16 - 23 The Fate of the Disciple

Jesus warns the disciples, that they may be "dragged before governors and kings because of me," but he tells them not to worry "for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."

24 - 33 The Call to Courageous Confession

32 "Everyone therefore who acknowledges me before others, I also will acknowledge before my Father in heaven; but whoever denies me before others, I also will deny before my Father in heaven."

34 - 39 The Cost of Discipleship

34 Jesus says he did not come to bring peace on earth but a sword.

40 - 42 Sharing the presence of Christ

Jesus promises to welcome whoever welcomes him.

Question: What does this chapter say about salvation?

1 comment:

Karlton said...

Thanks - I enjoyed giving the devotional.

Answering your question:

16: "I am sending you out like sheep into the midst of wolves; so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves."